Saturday, June 6, 2015

Spotlight Saturday: Getting Back In!

Thank goodness for Spotlight Saturdays! It is so wonderful to be back blogging and connecting with so many wonderful teachers. Thank you all for sharing your ideas with us and thank you Erin of Kindergarten Dragons for putting this all together. Okay, I will share what I can and try my best to stick to the rules. I am not in the classroom technically anymore, but I have many more students. I am the Lead Teacher for my school’s after-school program. We received a grant which allows us to have STEAM be a part of our after-school program. My job is to write/create tutorial lessons for grades 2nd - 8th as well as tutor two days out of the week. It is a big job since I don’t teach middle grades…I guess I do now…lol and I have to be able to teach what I prepare for the students. I work with the teachers so that my lessons correspond to what the students are learning that week or what they may need extra help mastering. Also, my school just purchased Study Island and I have to train the teachers and the students on how to use the program. If anyone has used or is using it please let me know what you think of the program. Thanks a Bunch:) Whew! Now that’s enough about me! 
  
Okay! My spotlight product FREEBIE for today is POST-IT PLANNER by Primary Polka Dots! 


I love this product so much even though I haven't had a chance to print it. This is so creative and much needed. I reviewed it and will be using it everyday soon. I am the queen of Post-It Notes so this will save me from gathering my notes that are stuck in my binder and peeling through them all to make sure that I have completed all of my tasks for that day, week, etc... 
  


Next, is my Word Family Search. I made this one day out of the blue and it has been one of my biggest sellers. I made it for my kindergarten class and they loved it. I printed them out and put them in plastic sleeves, but you can always laminate them which I prefer. I think that I am going to update them soon by adding another font choice. What do you think? 

           
        
Alright! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's been along time. I hope you stop by again. 

10 comments:

  1. I love the word family searches! That would be great word work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up for Spotlight Saturday! I LOVED reading more about you and the work you do, I think it's so great that you have the after school program. What a great way to incorporate STEAM while at the same time giving the kiddos something fun and educational to do after school! That Post-It Planner freebie you shared is AMAZING!! I'll definitely be checking that out, I too am a HUGE user of Post-It's! Your word searches look like so much fun too! I think ti would be a great thing for my kinders to use during Word Work! A new font might be really fun too, especially if you used a chunky-outline type font, then the kiddos could color in the words as they found them!
    Thanks so much for linking up with us today, you did great! Loved reading your post and can't wait to read more!!

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    www.kinderdragons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin thanks! I wouldn't miss it:) I love my job,but it can get overwhelming at times and I do miss the classroom. However, it gives me the flexibility to take care of my home and still have time to spend with my children. Thanks for the idea. That would be great to make the word search in a chunky-outline font for the kiddos to color in the words as they find them..awesome! I will send you the complete packet when I'm done. This is why I love connecting with other teachers because WE always have amazing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I hope everything goes super-well for you with your after school lessons!! I too love having such awesome people to bounce ideas off of, it's such a great feeling! It's so fun getting to know you through these link ups!! :-)

      Delete
  4. Thanks E! Yeah, me too. I hope that everything goes well for me...luckily I got some awesome resources today. I'm going to blog about them Friday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there,
    I found your blog through the Little Fish link up today. I really appreciate the Post-It freebie....awesome creation for teachers like me who live on Post-Its:) I am one of your new followers today. Have a great rest of your summer.
    Christina
    Sea Bear’s Kindergarten


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christina for following me as well as appreciating my freebie:) Yes, I love Post-It Notes as well...I think most teachers do:) Again, thank you and enjoy your summer too.

      Delete
  6. Hello! I found your blog through the little fish linky! I love the Post-It idea & freebie! I'm looking forward to learning more from you!

    Sandy from Adventures of a Techy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww;) Thank you Techy Teacher! I have learned so much from teachers through blogging and now Periscope. I think that the little fish link was an awesome idea! Thank you for following me. I think I follow you on Periscope!

      Delete

All content © 2012-2013 Teachie Peachie | All Rights Reserved.